Like many top hairdressers Alexander is in great demand. He travels the world styling hair for both celebrities and models. One minute he could be working on a photo shoot for a magazine the next he could be demonstrating his talents or educating others at a hair show.
Life is very hectic for Alexander. It can be very stressful working with the rich and famous but he has learnt to take it all in his stride. It’s not all glamour and glitz!!
Alexander has worked with Gok Wan on Channel 4’s fashion fix styling hair for the models.
Working for L’Oreal and Revlon as an educator is a true passion of Alexander’s. Teaching his creative skills including colouring, cutting and styling to other hairdressers throughout Britain is very rewarding. “I love to help other people blossom to gain experience and knowledge. I can teach courses for up to a 1000 people at a time. I feel I am giving something back to the industry by helping to raise the standard of hairdressing”.
Revlon artistic director
Alexander has been recognised by a worldwide professional brand and now works for Revlon as Artistic Director, representing and educating advanced hairdressing to the industry most up and coming hairdressers around the world at Revlon seminars and shows both in the UK and worldwide. He is involved in image and concept development for Revlon and works alongside global ambassadors for Revlon hair care.
To have created and established a successful salon business by my mid-twenties is something that I am very proud of. We have established ourselves as one of the most successful salons in East Yorkshire.
I am proud to detail my formal professional hairdressing accolades as follows:
- Salon Spy Outstanding customer service award 2016
- Winner of Revlon Artistic Recognition Award at the Revlon UK & ROI International Conference, 25th January 2013.
- Finalist, ‘I Want That Hair’ Awards 2013
- Finalist, British Hairdressing Awards, North Eastern Hairdresser of the Year, 2012
- Winner, British Hairdressing Awards, North Eastern Hairdresser of the Year, 2010.
- Runner up, L’Oreal Colour Trophy Mizani Afro Catwalk Hairdresser of the Year, 2010.
- Nominated, British Hairdressing Awards, North Eastern Hairdresser of the year, 2009.
- Short listed for AIPP World Image Awards in Paris of the year, 2004.
- Nominated for British Men’s Hairdresser of the Year, 2003.
- Winner, British Hairdressing Awards Newcomer of the Year, 2000.
- Winner ‘Student of the Year’ at the National Hairdressing Championships, 1997.
The salon was nominated in Creative Heads Most Wanted ‘Salon of the Year’ for the year 2008/2009.